Monday, June 14, 2010

Day #3 - Slime and more!

Today I am feeling a little ill, and the kids were restless, so I decided to split them up into pairs, and assign them tasks. Justin (3) was paired up with Ari (10). She is fantastic teacher, so I gave her a preschool learning activity book and asked her to help him learn his shapes and colors. Not only did she do that, but she went a step further and created her own activities for him! My camera is unfortunately out of commission, but I am going to scan pictures of her work.

I also gave Dominic (12) the task of finding an activity that he and Gavin (7) could work on together. I gave him a book of paper airplane instructions and told him to choose a design to work on with Gavin. This did not work too well, so I had to intervene. Gavin was very excited to have a project to do, so I found this great activity online and we made homemade slime in minutes! It was fun and now Justin and Gavin are having a great time with the slime we created together.

Ari, Justin, and Gavin are going to their father's tonight and through the day tomorrow, so it will be just me and Dom again tomorrow, but I am determined to get him involved! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment